Loading ...

How can I reduce the number of authentication received by remembering me in GlobalProtect? | IT Services

Home » Spaces » IT Services » forum » VPN - Frequently Asked Questions » How can I reduce the number of authentication received by remembering me in GlobalProtect?
IT Services

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Edit navigation item

Required The name that will appear in the space navigation.
Required
Required
Required The url can point to an internal or external web page.

Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: VPN - Frequently Asked Questions

How can I reduce the number of authentication received by remembering me in GlobalProtect?

Subscribe to RSS
  • How can I reduce the number of authentication received by remembering me in GlobalProtect?

• Answered

To reduce the number of authentication received click Yes when prompted to Stay Signed In. You will be asked to re-authenticate every 6 hours. If you select No, you will be asked for your User ID and password at the start of every session.

Here are a few things to note when using Microsoft Authenticator for VPN as it depends on how you use it:

• 6 hours is the maximum time allowed for you to be logged into GlobalProtect VPN.
    • If you disconnected, you will not be prompt to re-authentication upon reconnect
    • You will be prompted for Microsoft Authentication if you did not choose the remember me option as mentioned above.
    • After the maximum time allowed expires, you will need to authenticate again.

Inactivity logout after 2 hours

• If you are not actively using GlobalProtect VPN, you will be disconnected and logged out.
    • If this happens before the maximum time allowed expires, you will need to authenticate again.
    • You will be prompted for Microsoft Authentication if you did not choose the remember me option as mentioned above.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)