Loading ...

I keep getting Connection Failed when trying to connect to VPN via GlobalProtect, what can I do? | IT Services

Home » Spaces » IT Services » forum » VPN - Frequently Asked Questions » I keep getting Connection Failed when trying to connect to VPN via GlobalProtect, what can I do?
IT Services

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Edit navigation item

Required The name that will appear in the space navigation.
Required
Required
Required The url can point to an internal or external web page.

Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: VPN - Frequently Asked Questions

I keep getting Connection Failed when trying to connect to VPN via GlobalProtect, what can I do?

Subscribe to RSS
  • I keep getting Connection Failed when trying to connect to VPN via GlobalProtect, what can I do?

• If you keep getting Connection Failed and it continues even after reinstalling or upgrading GlobalProtect, confirm that the portal address is correct. To check that you are using the correct portal studentvpn.senecacollege.ca (Students) or senecavpn.senecacollege.ca (Employees) follow the instructions below:

Mac

1. Click the GlobalProtect icon on the top bar
    2. Click the icon on the top right and select Settings
    3. Under the General tab in the dialogue box, confirm that the portal studentvpn.senecacollege.ca (Students) or senecavpn.senecacollege.ca (Employees) are added.
    4. If not, select the plus (+) symbol, add the portal address and click Save. If you have any other portal addresses saved, select minus (-) and delete any other Seneca portal address. 

Windows

1. On the bottom right hand side, click the the GlobalProtect icon
    2. Click the 3 lines on the top right and select Settings.
    3. Under the General tab, confirm that the portal studentvpn.senecacollege.ca (Students) or senecavpn.senecacollege.ca (Employees) are added.
    4. If not, click Add and enter the portal address and click Save. Delete any other Seneca portal address.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)