Loading ...

How can I change or add a phone number using my active device? | IT Services

Home » Spaces » IT Services » forum » Microsoft Multi-Factor Authentication - Frequently Asked Questions » How can I change or add a phone number using my active device?
IT Services

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Edit navigation item

Required The name that will appear in the space navigation.
Required
Required
Required The url can point to an internal or external web page.

Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: Microsoft Multi-Factor Authentication - Frequently Asked Questions

How can I change or add a phone number using my active device?

Subscribe to RSS
  • How can I change or add a phone number using my active device?

Reasons:

• Moving or travelling to another country
    • Changed phone number with the same active device

Note: It is highly recommended to have the Microsoft Authenticator app installed on your phone to avoid delays. You can only change or add a phone number if you had originally activated the Microsoft Authenticator app or have access to the old phone number.

• Answered
    1. Go to https://myid.senecacollege.ca/mfasetup
    2. Enter your "Seneca email address" and click Next

3. Enter your "password" and click Sign In
    4. To Stay signed in, and to reduce the number of times you are asked to sign in within 24 hours, click "Yes". 

5. You will now be prompted to Approve sign in request, click "I can’t use my Microsoft Authenticator app right now."

6. Select an alternative option to verify. In this example Use a verification code from mobile app will be selected.
    7. Open the Microsoft Authenticator app on your phone, select your Seneca account and Enter the one-time password code in the browser.

8. Under the "How would you like to respond?" section of the Additional security verification page, update the phone number information for your Authentication phone (your primary mobile device).
    9. Select the box to the Alternative authentication phone option, and then type in a secondary phone number where you can receive phone calls if you can't access your primary device.

10. Select "Save".

Tip: Turn on Cloud Backup and recover your Microsoft Authenticator app settings when you get change your phone number or get a new device.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)