Loading ...

How can I enrol for Student Multifactor Authentication using my basic cell phone? | IT Services

Home » Spaces » IT Services » forum » Microsoft Multi-Factor Authentication - Frequently Asked Questions » How can I enrol for Student Multifactor Authentication using my basic cell phone?
IT Services

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Edit navigation item

Required The name that will appear in the space navigation.
Required
Required
Required The url can point to an internal or external web page.

Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: Microsoft Multi-Factor Authentication - Frequently Asked Questions

How can I enrol for Student Multifactor Authentication using my basic cell phone?

Subscribe to RSS
  • How can I enrol for Student Multifactor Authentication using my basic cell phone?

• Answered
      1. Go to https://myid.senecacollege.ca/mfasetup
      2. Enter your Seneca email address and click Next

3. Enter your password and click Sign In
      4. You will see More information required and click Next

5. Now you will setup your Microsoft 365 sign-in for 2 step authentication. In the Additional security verification screen:
        1. Under Step 1: How should we contact you?, in the drop down menu select Authentication phone
        2. Enter your Country and cell phone number
      6. For your cell phone you can select Send me a code by text message or Call me. For this example, Send me a code by text message is selected.
      7. Click Next

8. In Step 2, a text message will be sent your cell phone. When you receive the verification, enter the verification code in the text message and click Verify.

9. Once the verification was successful, Click Done
      10. You will now be asked to select your preferred verification option if you would like to change to a different option other than your default.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)