Loading ...

Can I still use Microsoft Authenticator if I don't have Wifi/data or my phone number changed? | IT Services

Home » Spaces » IT Services » forum » Microsoft Multi-Factor Authentication - Frequently Asked Questions » Can I still use Microsoft Authenticator if I don't have Wifi/data or my phone number changed?
IT Services

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Edit navigation item

Required The name that will appear in the space navigation.
Required
Required
Required The url can point to an internal or external web page.

Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: Microsoft Multi-Factor Authentication - Frequently Asked Questions

Can I still use Microsoft Authenticator if I don't have Wifi/data or my phone number changed?

Subscribe to RSS
  • Can I still use Microsoft Authenticator if I don't have Wifi/data or my phone number changed?

• Answered

Yes, you can use the verification code if you are unable to receive a notification or you have no Internet/data connection.

1. To use the verification code, log into one of the services (Blackboard, Office 365 or Student VPN)
    2. When the screen pop-ups to Approve sign in request, select “I can’t use my Microsoft Authenticator app right now”.

3.  Now you will be prompted to Verify your identity, select "Use a verification code from my mobile app".

4. Launch the Microsoft Authenticator app on your phone or table/iPad and select your Seneca account. Locate the one-time password code.

5. Enter the one-time password code and click Verify

6. You will be prompted to Stay Signed In?, click Yes and you will be signed in a maximum of 24 hours.

7. You will now be successfully logged in.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)