Loading ...

How can I reduce the number of authentication received by remembering me? | IT Services

Home » Spaces » IT Services » forum » Microsoft Multi-Factor Authentication - Frequently Asked Questions » How can I reduce the number of authentication received by remembering me?
IT Services

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Edit navigation item

Required The name that will appear in the space navigation.
Required
Required
Required The url can point to an internal or external web page.

Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: Microsoft Multi-Factor Authentication - Frequently Asked Questions

How can I reduce the number of authentication received by remembering me?

Subscribe to RSS
  • How can I reduce the number of authentication received by remembering me?

• Answered

To reduce the number of authentication received click Yes when prompted to Stay Signed In. You will be asked to re-authenticate every 7 days this does not apply for VPN. If you select No, you will be asked for your User ID and password at the start of every session.

Here are a few things to note when using Microsoft Authenticator as it depends on how you use it:

• Once you Verify your identity, click Yes when prompted to Stay Signed In and do not close your browser you will have access for 7 days
    • Every browser requires a Microsoft Authentication push or verification code
    • Each and every Office 365 tools (e.g. Teams, Outlook, OneDrive) from each device accessing O365 will need authentication
      • Tablet – Email
      • Work Laptop – Email, Teams
      • Home PC – Email, Teams
      • Phone – Email
      • VPN

Microsoft Authentication is needed 4x to access emails per day (unless you click Yes when prompted to Stay Signed In for 7 days).

• This content has been declined and is no longer available.

how can i change my phone number in authentic sign ups?

Is there any way to reduce the times used or set remembered devices?

It seems pointless to have to log into my Outlook app every day if the code to verify my identity is SENT to that phone. Like it's not more secure in that case and seems very pointless. Not only that but I don't get notifications until I do it.

It's annoying and completely undermines the whole point of 2 factor.

It is very inconvenient to have to loging and authenticate every 24 hours. I understand for blackboard and outlook web etc. but for outlook desktop and one drive, why does it need authentication every 24 hours? 

Is there no way to stay logged in to desktop apps? may be need password every 30 days or so. ?

I think 24 hours is too short. I am signed in to MS Teams and Outlook on my phone, Outlook and Blackboard on my laptop. I have to do multi-factor authentication 4 times a day. I think it's a little much.

Before the mfa was implemented. Android I had to sign Outlook and MS Teams about once a month.

Can I please have the option to remove two factor verification? I am genuinely not worried about my account being accessed by anyone else, and I am tired of having to type in verification codes 3-4 times everyday. I open Learn@Seneca, need verification, I open Seneca mail on my phone, need verification, I open Microsoft Teams using my Seneca account, need verification, I open Seneca VPN, need verification. It's way too repetitive. 

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)